Fibroids (also called myomas) are non-cancerous growths in or on the muscular wall of the womb (the myometrium). They can vary in number and size, according to the individual. Fibroids are a common problem among many women, but you may hardly realize it since they often produce no symptoms. Some fibroids can be as small as a pea, but others can be as large as a seven- or eight-month-old foetus.
Some of the common symptoms are:
- severe bleeding while menstruating or bleeding between periods,
- menstruating for more number of days,
- pain in the pelvic region,
- frequent urination or involuntary loss of urine,
- backache or pain in the legs and
- tiredness due to the blood loss
Tell your doctor if you have sudden, unexplained severe vaginal bleeding or sharp pelvic pain. The symptoms that you may experience have chiefly got to do with where the fibroid has grown.
- Submucosal fibroids: If you have symptoms like severe menstrual bleeding, it may mean that the fibroids have grown in the inner cavity of your Uterus. These are called submucosal fibroids.
- Subserosal fibroids: These fibroids grow and project outside your Uterus. If you have symptoms like frequent urination, backache or constipation, you may have subserosal fibroids.
What causes fibroids?
It is still unclear as to what causes fibroids, although there have been many speculations on the topic. Researchers believe one or more of the following causes:
- Genetic predisposition: One theory is that some women carry the problem in their genes and may inherit or be prone to the condition. If your mother or sister had fibroids, you too may be at risk.
- Hormones: Estrogen and Progesterone are hormones that prepare your uterine lining for a pregnancy. It is thought that these hormones cause growth of fibroids.
Homoeopathic approach to Uterine Fibroids:
Many patients come to us after being told that there is no permanent solution to Uterine Fibroids in state of the art conventional medicine. At that point they have already started experiencing emergency conditions like heavy bleeding.
Homoeopathic treatment for Uterine Fibroids is very efficient, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homoeopathic remedies encourage blood flow to the pelvis and will counteract Oestrogen dominance. It will promote the immune function and maintain uterine health. Homoeopathic constitutional treatment can shrink the Fibroid, stop the unwanted growths, clean up the Uterus, balance the female hormonal levels and will enable you to continue living with your reproductive organs as a whole by not allowing the Uterine Fibroids to appear again. The goal of this Homoeopathic approach is to enliven the body’s natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being. Homoeopathy is reassuring and helpful for both physical and emotional aspects, and most women, in addition to relief from their Fibroids, experience an enhancement in self-awareness and well being after the treatment.
Read what our patients are saying:
(Hand-written testimonial of a patient treated at our centre)