Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common female endocrine disorders. PCOS produces symptoms in approximately 5% to 10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old). It is thought to be one of the leading causes of female sub-fertility and the most frequent endocrine problem in women of reproductive age.
Signs and symptoms
Common symptoms of PCOS include:
- Menstrual disorders: PCOS mostly produces oligomenorrhea (few menstrual periods) or amenorrhea (no menstrual periods), but other types of menstrual disorders may also occur.
- Infertility: This generally results directly from chronic anovulation (lack of ovulation).
- High levels of masculinizing hormones: The most common signs are acne (darkened skin patches) and hirsutism (male pattern of hair growth), but it may produce hypermenorrhea (very frequent menstrual periods) or other symptoms.
- Metabolic syndrome: This appears as a tendency towards central obesity and other symptoms associated with insulin resistance. Serum insulin, insulin resistance and homocysteine levels are higher in women with PCOS.
Causes of PCOS:
- May be unknown
- High levels of androgen (male) hormone
- Excess insulin can increase production of androgen
Homoeopathic approach to PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome can be an awfully exasperating condition. Homoeopathy is the dominant option to treat Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Homoeopathic approach towards management of PCOS is constitutional taking into account the patient’s physical symptoms along with their mental and genetic make up that individualizes the person. Early intervention with Homoeopathy can assist in preventing further progress and hence deterioration caused by PCOS. Homoeopathic constitutional treatment will help balance hyperactivity of the glands, regulate hormonal balance, dissolve the cysts in the ovaries and force them to resume normal functioning. Hence, Homoeopathic medicines can restore hormonal balance, normal ovulation, menstrual cycles, and also eliminate the need for hormone therapies and surgery. This can significantly increase the chances of conception. The different expressions of this disease can be managed effectively, safely and gently with Homoeopathic remedies.
Hence, to have your PCOS totally under control and to restore normal functioning of the adrenal glands and to establish normal ovulatory cycle consider Homoeopathy.
See our Results:
Ovarian Cyst of 28 x 21 mm in size
No cyst, bilateral ovaries are normal.